Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Holiday Season

I generally enjoy the Holiday Season, for it is filled with friends, family and parties. The next couple of weeks are FULL of activities for me.

Tonight: Going to a local Bar/Club on Main St. for a locals Holiday Party. Half off drinks and free buffet. I'm going with a couple of single girlfriends, should be a good time.

Thursday: Company Holiday Party, I always have a good time at the company Holiday Party b/c I have ALWAYS (past 4 yrs) had a date who was my DD, so I could drink myself silly. This year I am going Stag due to the fact that I am SINGLE as can be, also b/c my sister& best co-worker friend are both going Stag as well so we can keep eachother company among the many happy couples. I will however need to drive myself home that night so I will have to settle with just a couple of drinks early in the evening.

Friday: Holiday party at Whitney & Andy's new gorgeous house. My entire HS Posse will be there plus some others, I'm hoping there will be some single guys there and not just a crowd of couples. I will be attending with my 4 best Girfriends and their significant others and getting a ride back to Monkeys place to crash there for the night so I will be able to drink myself silly at this party. ;-) Good Times...

Saturday: Sleep off the hangover from Friday night and have Brunch with 4 Best GF's and significant others then, meet up with Mom to finish up Holiday shopping then have dinner with the Parental Units and Little Sis.

Sunday: Annual Holiday Party and Gift Exchange with the HS Posse at Will & Ali's. Myself and Biz will be the ONLY singles at this party, yeah! This party is usually very fun but I tend to leave feeling depressed b/c I just spent the evening with Happily married couples who have children.

Next Wednesday: Holiday Potluck and White Elephant Luncheon at work. ALWAYS fun! Way too much food but everybody really gets into the White Elephant and people fight over gifts, good times.

Next Friday: Dinner with My Girls....and then who knows, hopefully a night on the town.

Christmas Eve: Family festivities in the LBC

Christmas Day: Spend the entire day at my parents with my mom's mom and aunt & uncle from AR, have dinner and open presents. After dinner go to my friend Cre's moms place for drinks and more good times.

Monday: Paid Holiday = NO work!!! Recover from the holidays so that I can Party like a Rock Star next Saturday on New Years Eve.

New Years Eve: I think I'll be attending a Dress-Up party, I have NO idea what to wear. The theme is Dress as Your Favorite Era. Hmmmm.,.. '80's? '60's? I really don't want to have to BUY something to wear. Need to think about this one a bit more.

Why I am PISSED OFF at the Holiday Season this year:

1) I am still single. *The Holidays are always more enjoyable when you have a significant other, for me anyway.

2) I am never prepared finacially for the Holiday Shopping.

3) I spend more $$$ on gifts then I get a return since I am single w/out children. I know, the Holiday Spirir is to Give and NOT receive, but come on for my friends who are married with children I buy 4 gifts and get 1 in return. Bah-Humbug!

4) Most of all I am pissed off b/c I think about my Ex. I wonder if he live with the Bitch that he left me for yet, or if they're engaged. DAMN HIM! I want him OUT of my thoughts!!!

That's it. The reasons why I like the Holidays and why I hate them this year. At least the Good out weighs the Bad by quite a bit. ;-)

Happy Holidays Everyone!

DD

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Kinja, the weblog guide